ParaClear HWD-106 is based on surface-active chemistry composed of ionic and non-ionic components mixed in selective solvents. The detergent properties enable HWD-106 to be extremely effective in removing accumulated paraffin deposits, while the dispersant capabilities prevent the paraffin from separating out of the oil phase. HWD-106 leaves the surface of the pipe water-wet, thus retarding the redisposition of paraffin for a period of time.
Penetration – Judged by the de-oiling of the paraffin. This can be seen by the amount of oil flotation on the water. Dispersion – Judged by finding which material provides the smallest particles dispersed in water. When a blank with no treatment is run, re-agglomeration will occur. The paraffin dispersant hinders this re-agglomeration through neutralization of the bonding forces of the paraffin. The more effective the paraffin dispersant, the smaller the particle size. Water wetting – This can be seen in the tendency of the dispersed paraffin particles to adhere to the side of the jar (the less adhesion the better).
Appearance : Yellow Liquid
Specific Gravity, 15.6°C (60°F) : 1.015
Weight, 15.6°C (60°F), lb./gal : 8.45
Flash Point : 32°C (90°F)
pH (neat) : 6.0-9.0
Solubility in Water : Complete
Freeze Point : -58°C (-72°F)
ParaClear dispersants can be compared to other treatments and/or a blank by a simple test using the following directions:
1) In a 4 oz. wide-mouth jar, spread a small amount (no more than a half inch diameter chunk) of the paraffin on the inside wall, about halfway down in the jar.
2) Add enough water to cover about half of the paraffin.
3) Add 10% to 15% of the paraffin dispersant to the water.
4) Swirl the liquid gently to determine the mixing ease of the dispersant and water.
5) Allow the jar to set for five minutes and check the initial penetration of the paraffin dispersant.
6) Use a mechanical shaker to agitate the solution 12-24 hours or heat the water until the paraffin melts.
7) Cool the jar with refrigeration or with cold tap water. In both cases, swirl the jar occasionally.
5 GALLON METAL PAILS
55 GALLON STEEL DRUMS